The following posts are open and are required at the earliest. Please note that these are not the only work that can be done.
These are only a list of some short projects that one can participate in while one works towards self-development and development of India. You can suggest more similar activities once you are a volunteer.
1. Lifesize "Snakes and Ladders" game on different aspects like
This is a very good way of catching imagination of audience - be it children or adults. We can put this thing in stall or wherever we decide to do campaigns - college/ office etc.
2. Collect data from various sources for "realistic estimates" on water consumption and its profile in different parts of Delhi. Data from DJB/ CPCB/ CGWB would need to be considered.
3. Collect data about operational costs of Sewage Treatment Plants (STP) and Effluent Treatment Plants (ETP). Also relate this with earnings/ cross-subsidy by generation of electricity from waste etc. and cost-savings by recycling treated water.
4. Evaluate operational difference in a big STP vs. a small STP
5. Relation between water flow in Yamuna over past decades and ground water levels in different parts of Delhi over the past 50 years. Data should be available on different govt. websites/ offices/ TERI/ CSE and other libraries.
6. Report on waste management presently done in Delhi / NCR (Is landfill gas used for electricity generation? is composting done? etc.)
7. Evaluate cost savings by having overhead bridges in place of pedestrian signals or pedestrian sub-ways. This should be done both with and without escalators.
8. Environment Impact Assessment report of Akshardham Temple complex
9. Environment Impact Assessment report of Commonwealth Games Village
10. Kyoto Protocols and expected impact on environment in India. Extrapolate on cost savings to different process in 1,2, 5 years time frames.
1. Collect/ Compile information about most prevelant gender-bias diseases in India/ NCR - take help from Meera aunty on this.
2. Collect data/ Conduct Survey about gender bias in salaries of women/ men in different industries/ types of work
3. Collect data/ Conduct Survey about domestic violence in different strata of society.
4. Collect data/ conduct survey about cost of services offered by women at home, which are not accounted for in total household income in different censuses/ surveys. Sociologists call this hidden labour/ cost.
5. Critique of Draft Master Plan 2021 from perspective of gender senstivity.
1. Webpage for school teachers' newsletters
2. Webpage for AID related egroups with small brief-ups about different groups. This information exists on forums.aidindia.org but needs to be put on our website in resources section
3. Webpage for FAQ about AID and AID-India. This information is also available at forums.aidindia.org but needs to be put in our website in volunteer/ support section
4. Maps of Delhi with different information on clicking
1. Factsheets about data available on different important issues
This activity has to go in conjunction with other studies/ surveys conducted by other cells
2. List of relevant reporters in different newspapers and their contact information
3. Classification of content in different newspapers.
The dramatic monologue goes on coupled with the mundane business of life, and Prufrock’s “It is impossible to say just what I mean”, wrings the heart of one and all. Most of us have a lot to say, but very rare do we find the right-minded audience.
Do you feel that the happenings around should not fly past the way they do, do you ponder over “the overwhelming question” of the day, and then, do you feel that you must at least strive to stir people around? Do you wish to inspire someone who used to have a vision, to usher them back to the world they dreamt of, but which probably was lost to the business of life. Then, here’s your chance to make a difference. Read, explore, and bring forth anything you would like to Change!!
The Publication team is an upcoming and the most vibrant team at AID Delhi.
Bring forth the radical ideas that you believe in, and alter the notions commonly withheld about not so uncommon issues of the day.
The list of issues/topics you can choose to write on is endless. However, to mention a few, I suggest:
> Decriminalizing Sex Workers: The Rights of Sex Workers
> New Dimensions to Child Labor
> India: Anytime Disposal Ground for Industrial wastes
> Safeguarding Tribal Interests
> Childhood in Prison
> Volunteer experience with AID
Or any social issues that you are passionate about and would like to reflect on.
For more details on AID, visit the url:
Many of us may not be able to find time / skills to go to projects and teach...
So, here is a volunteer opportunity that many of us may find fit to work on...
How about making computer games - games with a meaning and a message...
* To evoke interest of people in good living practices - like waste segregation, reuse etc.
* To wean away children from violent games and take to them a good message - like cooperation etc. in place of competition...
Any volunteers? We need volunteers tod esign the games and also to implement them in java/ other language prescribed by our webmaster so that it can be put on our website...